Monday, March 8, 2010

Preview Advanced Manuals Online

by Sherri Scott

Have you ever wondered what projects are in the Public Relations Advanced Manual? Or the Specialty Speeches? How about the Technical Presentations or the Speeches by Management? Now you can find out without having to purchase the manual first! As you are close to completing our Competent Communicator or one of the Advanced Communicator designations you will need to choose 2 advanced manuals for your next designation. You are shown a list of 15 titles, but it is hard to tell just what is in each manual from the title alone. When I proposed a project to be placed on the district website to help answer all of these burning questions, I was told I think that there is something like that available now. Martie Ogborn used her keen detective skills to find what I was looking for on District 4’s website. Here's the link: http://www.d4tm.org/Education/manuals_AC.html

Within this link the 15 Advanced Manuals are listed. When you click on the title of a manual, it opens up a list of the projects in that manual. It includes the title of the project, the time frame, and the objectives.

I think this will be an awesome tool to help all of our members make informed decisions. I know it would have helped me when I purchased the Public Relations manual, only to learn it was not what I was thinking it would be. It is a great manual, but not one that I plan to work on anytime soon as it does not fit my needs. Please don’t let this happen to you! Check out this new link and you can choose wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment